About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Our Final Draft

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Me and Beste recently went to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, the very last Harry Potter film. The film shows Harry, Ron and Hermione's search for Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes in their effort to destroy the Dark Lord.

This movie is by far the darkest, and the most intense. The second half of the film was particularly emotional as we say goodbye to some brilliant characters who infact were a big part of my childhood. It was however a happy ending with good defeating evil, which was, after 7 films, a relief. One thing I found slightly disappointing however was how little the characters changed when we were shown them 10 years later with their children, especially Hermione who didn't look a day older, in my opinion quite a let down to the end of the film.

Overall I loved how the story and past events from the previous films all pieced together throughout the film, for example we discover that Snape did in fact have a very close relationship with Harry's mother, and we see Snape in a whole new light.

Here are some sreenshots from the film..


Neville Longbottem finally gets to prove himself as a hero, and stands up to Voldemolt.


At one point in the film Harry dies and we think that Voldemolt has won, however with the help and kind words from Dumbledore he manages to get back and finally defeat the dark lord.


The flames in this shot has connotations of evil, fear and death, showing that Draco's character is shown to be on the dark side, however throughout all the Harry potter films it seems that Draco struggles to know his place, I get the impression he doesn't want to be bad but wants to stick with his family and i also feel that he is a weak character terrified of the dark lord. I really liked the bit in the film where harry goes back to save Draco's life, and for the first time we see the two charactres come together flying around on the same broomstick, I think this was a really nice moment in the film.


The three main characters, best friends since the first day at Hoggwarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment