About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Our Final Draft

Friday 6 April 2012

Celebrities Before and After Photoshop (This is just something which caught my attention after someone posted a link on Facebook)


REAL VS. FAKE: Photoshopped Celebrities, Before & After
Thanks to photoshop, the critical standard at which we judge beauty has become increasingly unrealistic.
This is an interesting topic when looking at representation of women in society. 


This can give you a feel of what it takes for a person to look beautiful. No wonder we, ordinary people, are left with a great deal of pressure to look our best at all times, a high goal that is impossible to reach. Impossible even for our God-like role-models.


These photoshopped images are mostly used in magazines and on advertising posters. It really is quite sad to see.. people being made skinner, taking away bits of them that make them who they are.


See for yourself..

Penelope Cruz



De-frizzed and repositioned hair strands,
Lowered neckline, enhanced cleavage,
Thinned rib cage, softened collar bone,
Removed wrinkles around eyes and mouth.

Mena Suvari


Removed acne from forehead,
Evened skin tone, 
Brightened eye colour.

Keira Knightley


Enlarged chest,
Added volume to hair,
Softened eyes and eye brows.

Kelly Clarkson


Thinned face and jawline,
Thinned stomach, thighs and behind,
Minimized shoulder.

Brittany Murphy


Removed lower eye lids,
Smoothed and softened skin tone,
Minimized shadows, brightened eyes and hair colour.

Kim Kardashian


Removed cellulite and veins in legs,
Thinned waist/stomach,
Smoothed hairline and elbow.

Faith Hill

I found this one below most shocking, they have made her arm absolutely tiny, I find it quite sickening.


Removed lower eye lids, softened lines around mouth,
Minimized her arm, back and collar bone,
Thinned thighs and waist.

Girls aren't the only ones who feel the pressure, they do it to boys too..

Jonathan Rhys Meyers


Removed dark circles from under eyes,
Brightened eyes and evened out skin tone,
More muscle definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment