About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Our Final Draft

Thursday 14 July 2011

During our free time today me and Beste imported all of our footage from yesturday onto our apple mac computer. We then began editing the clips together speeding them up and trimming them down in order to match the timing from the original music video. Luckily we had plenty of footage which we could split and use in later shots, for example when I filmed Beste eating crisps I filmed her eating them for about 20 seconds. This then meant that when we came to use the shot of her eating we were able to use it a number of times throughout, with the camera positioned in the same place, therefore making it look neater and more professional. We managed to actually finish the editing which we were both really pleased about.

We learnt a lot from making this prelim video, we found that our story board helped us a lot, as it kept us organised and made it clear as to what we needed to film, however at first we didn't film in chronological order as there were shots we needed to do before hand, in this case the shots with Beste's boyfriend, as he needed to leave early. It made us aware that this might happen when filming our real music video and that we in fact wont be able to do everything in order. We are also aware that if we film in one location we will need to do all of our filming on that same day despite whether some of the footage will be used at the beginning of the video and some at the end. This is because of continuity.

Here is the original so that you are able to compare it with our version..



Here is our version of Smile, we have literally just taken the first 32 seconds and copied the original..

No comments:

Post a Comment